What type of candidate are we looking for?
- Education/certificates: Nautical school
- Company mandatory training
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working on a tug, local port knowledge
- Certificate Master, in line with the designated vessel and its operational area
- Valid medical and training certificates, in compliance with flag state requirements
- Team player: build and maintain the team morale
- Motivating colleagues: inspiring enthusiasm in others and encouraging others to take initiative
- Flexible attitude
- Taking initiative: taking action, rather than waiting passively to see what happens
- Find practical solutions for problems
- Adaptability: responds immediately and adequately to unexpected and urgent matters
- Professional attitude: actively focusing on and achieving or exceeding results
- Communicational skills: effectively transferring thoughts and expressing ideas to individuals or groups both written and verbally.
- A dynamic career with the global market leading towage provider
- Attractive terms and conditions
- Small local team in the UK
- Enthusiastic, motivated and passionate colleagues
Objective of position
The Tug Master presides over the crew of his ship. In this role, you are responsible for adequate management of the tug and its crew, ensuring safe and optimal towage services, both in port and at sea, to contribute to the commercial and operational goals of the company.
The size of the crew is dependent on the region to be navigated, and the nature of the voyage. You represent the shipping company and its policy and conducts effectively the services of Boluda Towage in our UK ports.
The Tug Master manages, executes and monitors the maintenance of the vessel, ensure that the vessel is in compliance with Class, Flag State, HSE-Q and other compulsory regulations & operational requirements in a safe, effective and cost-efficient manner. Furthermore, you will ensure that spare parts, consumables and inspections are planned and ordered on time. The Tug Master reports hierarchical to the Operations Manager in the area and functional to the local Superintendent.
- Responsible for the safe navigation, manoeuvring and mooring of the tug
- Ensure towing services are performed safe and efficiently
- Coach, train, evaluate and guide the tug crew and ensure tasks and duties are understood
- Manage the tug in such a way that it is maintained well, and a pleasant work environment is created
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, pilots, port authorities and other third parties, communicate effectively to ensure Boluda is considered a trustworthy and reliable service provider
- Ensure accurate ship administration (planned maintenance system) and (monthly) reporting
- Ensure the tug and its operations comply with company, flag state and legal requirements and all necessary certificates are up to date and complete
- Report unsafe situations and actions to contribute to increased safety and awareness
- Perform safety drills on a regular basis
CHALLENGE US. CHALLENGE YOURSELF.
If you are enthusiastic about ports, feeling connected to the maritime industry and keen on bringing your dedication and talent into a challenging and a dynamic working environment, then we should meet. We invite you to submit your motivation letter and CV, by filling out the online application form on our website.
For more information about the vacancy and the recruitment process, please contact:
Melanie Cain, HR Manager UK: +44 151 207 8543
About Boluda Towage
Boluda Towage provides tailored towage services to its customers in major ports across the globe.
We are a family-owned company and a global leader in maritime services. The Towage division is one of the subsidiaries of Boluda Corporación Marítima, which has its origin in 1837.
We can be found in 100 ports across the globe, operating a fleet of over 400 vessels in 18 countries on 3 continents in Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Next to port towage, we also provide offshore and ocean towage and salvage operations.
We are passionate about assisting ships safely. Through operational efficiency and flexibility, we focus on our customers’ needs and understand their expectations.
We believe that towage is all about people. The success of our company depends on the people working for us.
Their contribution, their added value to the organization and their willingness to commit to our core values are all highly valued.
Our culture, our conduct and our business approach are based on core values:
• Transparency & professional honesty
• Teamwork & operational efficiency
• Flexibility & innovation,
• Excellence of customer care & service