Senior Marine Technical Advisor
Senior Marine Technical Advisor (Job ID: 1446)
Company: ASCO UK Limited
Employment Type: Full Time/Permanent
Reporting to the Marine Service Manager, you will provide guidance and advice on all marine technical and safety matters for ASCO’s offshore services and their customers' marine activities, primarily in support of their marine logistics operations. To work closely with and under the direction of the customers, providing operational support to ensure maximum focus on marine technical issues and marine safety performance. To work with and deputise for the Marine Services Manager to provide continuity.
Applicants must have a proven track record within the marine industry, ideally within the oil and gas supply chain sector. As our ideal candidate you will be driven by ASCO's passion for service delivery and have excellent communication skills to engage with both internal and external stakeholders.
Duties of the role include:
• Line management responsibilities for Marine Technical Advisors as designated.
• Encourage through coaching and mentoring the ongoing development of staff.
• Management and Oversight of ASCO Marine Technical services ensuring safety and service excellence for ASCO Marine clients.
• Regularly monitor and make recommendations on ASCO Marine Services, including opportunities for expansion.
• Support Commercial and Business Development Activities.
• Cover for Marine Services Manager as required.
• Daily management of safety and marine assurance requirements on customer vessels.
• Assist with day-to-day management and provide support to, Marine Control.
• Liaise with contractors as required.
• Interfacing with ASCO logistics operations.
• Conducting marine assurance and on hire briefings (safety/communication, voyage instructions) as required by customer for term and spot hire vessels.
• Safety management auditing / briefing and training of vessel crews.
• Ensuring performance and compliance to all laws, regulations and industry standards/codes.
• Offshore trips on customers' vessels to assess compliance with procedures and industry guidelines.
• Participation in client project and planning meetings.
• Ensuring all reports are issued to an acceptably high standard.
• Providing out of hours and weekend cover as part of a duty rota.
• Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with customers, colleagues and vendors.
• Participating in the continuous improvement of customer service, processes, and cost efficiencies.
• Promoting a positive image of the company through first class service delivery and customer engagement.
• Continuously promoting a pro-active HSEQ culture, ensuring participation and compliance.
• Proactively assisting colleagues and undertaking adhoc duties, as required.
• Provide Marine Technical advice to clients including working in clients office on projects as required.
Minimum Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours)
• Management level experience onboard an offshore support vessel, ideally PSV's /ERRV's/AHTS
• Knowledge of vessels, MODU's and production platforms.
• A proven track record within the marine industry and associated guidelines and best practices.
• Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment, adapting to changing workloads and priorities, where high standards are not compromised under pressure.
• Effective time management with ability to prioritise effectively and meet strict deadlines.
• Customer focused, with strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
• Well-developed IT skills and numeracy.
• A strong attention to detail and accuracy, along with excellent planning & organising skills.
• Ability to work stand-alone while a positive contributor to the wider team.
• Solutions based, an analytical thinker motivated to achieve the highest standards of performance and customer support, maintaining a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
• Ability to deal with customers and contractors and respond to their enquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
• Ability to promote and develop new business lines within the Marine remit.
• Valid CoC (STCW II/1 or III/3)
• Full UK driving licence
• Full DP licence
• Auditor Training (CMID/OVIQ/ISM/ISPS)
As you would expect from a highly progressive company, an attractive remuneration package is available to the successful applicant.
When applying, your CV should include your current/most recent employment, which clearly demonstrates examples of the skills and behaviours required for the above role.
Current Employees: Submit your up-to-date CV direct to email@example.com ensuring your line manager is copied within the email.
External Applicants: Visit the Careers page of our website www.ascoworld.com, select the relevant vacancy and follow the Apply Online instructions.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I)
ASCO is committed to supporting and promoting Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (ED&I). This commitment is embraced by our Group Board and our Management Board and informs all of our activities and their impact on our customers, employees and our stakeholders.