What type of candidate are we looking for?
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position
- In possession of obligated certificates and documents relating to the Local Manning Act to be able to sail as Mate on board a tugboat
- In possession of valid Seafarer medical certificate ENG1
- In possession of updated STCW basic safety training,
- Preferable: Masters II/3 ticket, 500gt certificates
- Proven technical knowledge by experience as Mate in offshore or on a tugboat
- Fluent in English
- Passion for the maritime industry
- Social person
- Team player
- Good communicational skills
- A dynamic career with a global market-leading towage provider
- Attractive terms & conditions
- A small local team in the UK
- Enthusiastic, motivated and passionate colleagues
- An interesting job environment in the UK ports
The Mate assists the Tug Master and Chief Engineer to ensure the vessel is ready to perform safe and optimal towing services. In this role, you will report to the Tug Master.
Your key tasks:
- Assist during towing operations
- Maintain ropes and gear to ensure they are in good condition and ready for use, keep them properly stored when not in use.
- Assist both Tug Master and Chief Engineer in keeping the tug maintained and ready for operations by performing maintenance, repair and cleaning of the tug, both in- and outside and cooking meals
- Administer catering and cleaning supplies stock and ensure ordering
- Perform watch keeping duties when required
- Report unsafe situations and actions to contribute to increased safety and awareness
- Participate in safety drills on a regular basis
CHALLENGE US. CHALLENGE YOURSELF.
If you are enthusiastic about ports, feeling connected to the maritime industry and keen on bringing your dedication and talent into a challenging and a dynamic working environment, then we should meet. We invite you to submit your motivation letter and CV, by filling out the online application form on our website.
For more information about the vacancy and the recruitment process, please contact:
Melanie Cain, HR Manager UK: +44 151 207 8543
About Boluda Towage
Boluda Towage provides tailored towage services to its customers in major ports across the globe.
We are a family-owned company and a global leader in maritime services. The Towage division is one of the subsidiaries of Boluda Corporación Marítima, which has its origin in 1837.
We can be found in 100 ports across the globe, operating a fleet of over 400 vessels in 18 countries on 3 continents in Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Next to port towage, we also provide offshore and ocean towage and salvage operations.
We are passionate about assisting ships safely. Through operational efficiency and flexibility, we focus on our customers’ needs and understand their expectations.
We believe that towage is all about people. The success of our company depends on the people working for us.
Their contribution, their added value to the organization and their willingness to commit to our core values are all highly valued.
Our culture, our conduct and our business approach are based on core values:
• Transparency & professional honesty
• Teamwork & operational efficiency
• Flexibility & innovation,
• Excellence of customer care & service