Great Master opportunity to work for The Interislander and live in New Zealand!
This is an exciting time for our Interislander operation. With a significant investment programme for new sustainable ferries and two new terminals, we are gearing up for a bright future.
KiwiRail and Interislander is embarking on a time of transformational change right across the business. We are rolling out numerous exciting new projects including the construction and delivery of two new ships and ferry terminals through the Inter-Island Resilient Connection (iReX) Programme and revamping our operational/customer service strategies and processes.
Te mea angitu kei a tatou: The opportunity we have
Permanent Master on our vessels!
In this key role, the Master will be instrumental in providing direction and leadership to the crew on board the ship. You will also assist Interislander to achieve its strategic objectives, take ownership of business goals, challenge the status quo and help enhance our brand and reputation in the marketplace.
He aha nga pukengae rapu ana tatou: What skills are we looking for
- A current STCW-95 II/2 Masters Certificate of Competency with a current sea going licence recognised, or capable of being recognised, by Maritime New Zealand.
- Demonstrated experience in roll-on-roll-off passenger ferry operations.
- A high level of ship handling experience in variable conditions.
- Proven experience in a leadership role managing a large team.
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills.
- Holds valid Pilot Exemptions for the ports of Wellington and Picton (including Marlborough Sounds), and any other ports as designated from time to time.
- OR at least 2 years’ Command experience in RoRo or passenger operations
If you have the enthusiasm and desire to continually challenge and develop yourself, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a stimulating work environment in a country where your lifestyle and the view from your “office” is un-paralleled in terms of the picturesque scenery that will greet you every day.
Mo matou: About us
KiwiRail is a purpose-driven State-Owned Enterprise with a commercial mandate. We run our business efficiently and effectively while delivering significant economic benefits through taking trucks off the road, reducing carbon emissions and road maintenance costs, easing congestion in cities and making roads safer. Our purpose 'Stronger Connections, Better New Zealand' speaks to what our people, our customers, our stakeholders and the Government, our shareholder, want for KiwiRail: to be more connected. Connected to our customers and the future needs of their businesses.
Connected to the communities we serve and operate in. Connected to each other, for the good of the country. Our purpose speaks to connected people, networks, journeys, experiences, and ways of working that move KiwiRail, the transport sector and New Zealand forward.
- Competitive remuneration
- 4 weeks annual leave
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Access to discounted travel, health insurance and holiday houses across NZ as part of our Staff Welfare Trust
If you are ready to make a difference within a progressive organisation that encourages forward thinking and recognises success, then we would like to hear from you.
To apply please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Relocation assistance is available – we’ll discuss this further with you at interview.