Marine Officer (Tug Master)
MARINE OFFICER (TUG MASTER)
Portland Harbour Authority are looking to recruit a motivated and hardworking individual for the above position. All vessels are based at Portland Port and operate solely within the Portland Harbour Authority pilotage area. Working as part of a team to provide 24/7 cover for harbour towage operations, on a rota basis, outside of normal day working activities.
This position may be of particular interest to seagoing personnel looking for a shore-based position as full training, including ASD tug simulator training will be given.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake the following main duties:
- To act as Master on any of the Company’s 3 ASD Tugs
- Act as Coxswain / Skipper on any of the company’s other marine craft as may be required from time to time.
- Undertake routine, planned and breakdown maintenance on all vessels as required
- In the event of an emergency, carry out work and duties in connection with the Emergency Plan and / or the Oil Spill Contingency Plan as directed by the Duty Harbour Master
Applicants should possess the following basic minimum qualifications:
- STCW Master 500T or higher
- Boat Masters Certificate
- Valid ENG 1 Certificate
- Commercial maritime background and / or previous port experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Towing and Pushing Endorsement
- Excellent boat handling skills
- Harbour ASD experience preferable but not essential as full training will be given.
- Good knowledge of electronic navigational / chart systems
- Ability to work on own initiative and take control of situations effectively, efficiently and calmly
- Good computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Salary subject to qualifications and experience.
To apply please download application form from our website
E-mail completed form with copy of your CV to: email@example.com or post to address on application form