Dockhead Team Leader
Job Title Dockhead Team Leader
Responsibility for providing support to the Dockhead Supervisor for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the harbour’s Pilot Boats, Dockhead Infrastructure, Lock Operating System, and Lock Gates.
The successful candidate will be working in a busy port environment as part of a wider team and report to the Dockhead Supervisor. They will at times provide support to the Dockhead Supervisor by being the first point of responsibility for Dockhead Operations.
- Providing support to the Dockhead Supervisor.
- Assisting with maintenance and upkeep of pilot boats etc.
- Assist with the mooring of any vessels visiting the harbour.
- Assist with the maintenance of dock infrastructure including inspection and upkeep of ladders, lifebuoys, fendering, bollards and navigational aids.
- Assist with the maintenance of the dock gate operating system.
- Pilot boat operation - Minimum requirement for pilot boat duties is RYA advanced power boat certificate or an MCA boat masters licence. Training can be provided
Hours of Work: 48-hour basic working week which will include weekend work.
Periods of 4 hours over each high water.
Minimum Qualification Preferably educated to marine engineer apprenticeship
Leave Entitlement 25 days per annum
Salary A competitive salary accompanies the post and will reflect experience / qualification