Olu Tunde, assistant general secretary
Olu Tunde is assistant general secretary at maritime professionals' trade union Nautilus International, covering UK, Dutch and Swiss branches.
Olu oversees activities in the Finance, HR, IT and Health and Safety departments ensuring that everything runs according to the relevant laws and regulations.
Olu Tunde has spent more than 20 years working in working in financial management. He holds an MBA in Business and Administration from the university of Hull and a Banking and Finance degree. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Bankers.
Olu's experience spans commercial banking, third sector organisations and trade unions.
Olu joined Nautilus International in 2005 as Finance Manager. His original responsibilities covered Finance management and since then his role has expanded with him becoming a key member of the Union's Strategic Management Team. In 2016 Olu became the Assistant General Secretary and his duties now cover Finance, HR, IT and Health & Safety.
During his time at Nautilus International, Olu has led on a number of projects including updating the IT infrastructure, modernising the Union's website and setting up a credit union.
Olu oversees the finances of the Union across its three branches.
Olu's other roles include:
- Member-nominated Trustee Director of the Merchant Navy Officer Pension Fund (MNOPF)
- Chair of the MNOPF Group Audit Committee
- Financial manager of the Nautilus Welfare Fund
- Financial manager of the John William Slater Fund
- Financial manager of the Merchant Navy Airline Officers Association Supplementary Pension Fund (MNAOASPF)
- Lay auditor for the International Transport Workers' Federation